12 Mar 2015

The Crazy Life Of J


That's what I feel like at the moment...like I'm living the life of Jordan at The Crazy Life of J. Which is appropriate as my initial is also J.
A quick note to add that I LOVE The Crazy Life of J, seriously one of my favourite blogs ever. I've read from the beginning all the way through...and I may have re-read some bits...especially the wedding planning bits.


Anyway, I feel like my life's turned a bit crazy recently, but it's all a bit unexpected.

I've generally been quite busy, seeing people, doing things, wedding planning, working...the general stuff and really I'm not sure why this week seems so much more crazy. It just does.

Firstly, I finally recognised that I had a problem. I don't think I'm really dealing with my grief for my Dad and I think as a result of that I've changed. I feel like I'm a different person in so many ways now and I act differently and react differently - and it's not really a good different. I don't feel like I'm moving forwards, in fact maybe backwards and so I finally asked for help. So now I need to have an assessment with a counselling service, which will hopefully lead to some session and will hopefully get back to being me.

Secondly, and I think this is what's thrown me more, without really intending to, I'm suddenly interviewing for a new job. I saw a couple of jobs posted internally at my work that were the pay grade above mine. I figured, what the hell, let's test the waters. So I updated my CV and cobbled together an application (it's shockingly poor - I read it on the way to an interview this morning, there are SO many mistakes!).
Low and behold I got offered an interview. I umm-ed and ahh-ed and decided to tell my manager about it, who was SUPER supportive which was totally unexpected.
And so off I went this morning, feeling slightly unprepared to my first interview in a year.
Once I got back to work, I saw an email inviting me to interview for the other position I had applied for.

Look at me, I am in demand. This is a total shock to me.


Anyway, so that's why this week is crazy.

I'm off to meet my old housemates after work to go to a Bavarian Beerhouse, so it'll be nice to have a little relax after my crazy week and start Friday feeling good (I hope!).

No comments:

Post a Comment